Senior Software Engineer, Compiler & HPC
Engineering (Compute Engine) /
Full Time /
At Bodo, we are driven by a mission to revolutionize how organizations harness the power of data by democratizing efficient compute at scale. With the creation of the first compute engine that brings HPC levels of performance and efficiency to large-scale data processing, we have already helped some of the most data-forward companies in the world with their data challenges. But we believe this is just the beginning. Our mission has received endorsement through investments from industry leaders like Dell Technologies, Snowflake, and hardware providers such as AMD. Additionally, the enthusiastic adoption by Fortune-10 customers further validates the impact we are making. We are poised to shape the future of data platforms and set a new standard for what is achievable with data. To achieve this vision, we are seeking ambitious, hungry, and talented engineers to join our team. Together, we will drive transformative change and build the data platform of the future. Join us on this exciting journey as we redefine the possibilities of data and unlock its full potential.
About the Role
Fresh off our Series A and announcement of a partnership with Snowflake, Bodo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Compiler expertise to develop Bodo’s revolutionary analytics engine. This requires a strong entrepreneurship spirit, extensive software design experience, and the ability to turn challenging technical ideas into reality. As a senior software engineer, you will be crafting software and services that are orders of magnitude faster than competitors, while also much easier to use. We believe our technology is going to have a significant impact on the future of big data analytics.
- Design, develop and optimize high-performance systems in Bodo Engine using cutting edge techniques from HPC, databases, and other related fields
- Develop and operate performance monitoring techniques and tools
- Develop and optimize analytics infrastructure for realistic application scenarios
- Develop integrations with various cloud platforms and on-premises data systems
- Coach and mentor junior engineers with technical growth and career progression
- Help hire and build cloud Infrastructure team
- Contribute to relevant open-source projects
- Develop compiler support for various Python patterns and APIs, including transformations for type stability, performance, and parallelization.
- Improve Bodo compiler engine’s optimizations for analytics/AI programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D., M.S, or B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in distributed systems or high-performance computing.
- Experience in parallel programming in MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, etc. would be a plus.
- Experience in optimizing large-scale parallel applications.
- Experience in developing performance monitoring tools and techniques.
- Experience in developing and debugging complex systems, especially in C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience in high-performance parallel I/O (e.g. cloud storage)
- Teamwork, strong communication skills, and attention to detail
- Experience in developing and debugging complex compiler systems, especially in C/C++ and/or Python
- Passion for learning new technologies in Compiler optimization, Parallel computing, and HPC, and Python internals (e.g. using Numba, Cython, CPython):
Perks of Working at Bodo:
-Comprehensive insurance plans, including Health, Dental, and Vision coverage, to prioritize your well-being.
-State-of-the-art Apple MacBook equipment to empower your work.
Generous employee equity awards, allowing you to be an integral part of our success.
-Paid parental leave to support your work-life balance.A 401K plan to secure your financial future.
HSA plan for healthcare savings.
-Remote work options, offering flexibility and a healthy work-life integration.
-Employee training opportunities tailored to your career goals, including conferences and other learning experiences.
Developing new complex technology and building an enterprise-grade software product around it is not easy—we are looking for technologists with a strong passion and drive to make it happen! Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Bodo encourages you to break the statistic and apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Read more about Bodo's Series A Round: Techcrunch Article Business Wire PRLearn more about our product:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSOD99SjLAX-UR_gGRNQzTAhttps://youtu.be/DJ1sGQryoAchttps://www.dataengineeringpodcast.com/bodo-parallel-data-processing-python-episode-223/