Machine Learning Software Engineer
Engineering Division – Core Technology /
About Bodygram and the team
At Bodygram, we are leveraging cutting-edge machine learning, computer vision, and deep neural network technologies to revolutionize the way we measure and understand the human body. Our Core Technology team is at the forefront of this effort, developing the software and algorithms necessary to turn everyone's smartphone into an accurate 3D body scanner.
About the job
We are looking for talented individuals who are intellectually curious and versatile. As part of Bodygram's engineering family, you will work in an international team under the guidance of experienced leaders from large tech companies (such as Google and Amazon) to deliver cutting-edge capabilities and features to Bodygram's users and customers. As a Machine Learning Software Engineer in Bodygram’s Core Technology team, you’ll be working on multiple projects to extract accurate body measurements and avatars from pictures of people wearing clothes. To solve this, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage Bodygram virtualization technology to generate practically infinite virtual datasets by simulating cloth draping, lightning conditions, camera positions, and other variables to augment our extensive dataset of real-world body data.The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field as well as first hand experience in building high quality deep neural networks powering real applications. Strong coding skills in Python, as well as experience with coding best practices and software development are preferred.
- Develop, design and implement machine learning algorithms and models.
- Work with large datasets to train and evaluate models.
- Maintain and improve existing machine learning models and systems.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in machine learning.
- Collaborate with an international cross-functional team to empower people through intuitive body insights.
- Track record of building machine learning solutions in the field of computer vision.
- Deep knowledge of mathematics, linear algebra, probability, statistics, and algorithms.
- Understanding of the full Machine Learning life-cycle including data collection, feature engineering, and model monitoring.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Ability to write robust code in Python.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in an international team and effectively communicate in English.
- BSc in computer science, mathematics, or a related field;
- Master’s degree or PhD is a plus.
- Full Time
- Tokyo (hybrid)
- Growth mindset
- Problem solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Director of Engineering
- Bizflex Azabujuban 6F,1-1-14, Mita,Minato City, Tokyo-To,〒108-0073, Japan
Benefits (Tokyo office)
- Hybrid Working model + Flex Time
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Referral program
- Diverse Global culture
- The opportunity to work from abroad for a short period of time
- Generous amount of paid holidays
- Health and social insurance support in accordance with Japanese Labor Law
- Visa application and renewal support
- Free snacks at the office