Senior Firmware Engineer
As Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the firmware codebase that is the foundation of our hardware product. You will work closely with our software and electrical engineering teams to ensure the firmware interfaces with sensors, processes data and communicates it back to the user. You will help conduct rigorous testing of Bodyport’s medical device products and help ensure they meet our high standards of quality and performance.
Your role at Bodyport:
- Lead the development and management of Bodyport’s embedded software
- Interface with the electrical engineering team to ensure proper operation of core product systems (e.g. sensors, wireless)
- Work closely with the data science team to optimize sensor performance and ensure algorithms are accurately translated into system firmware
- Design and implement a robust testing framework to ensure system meets software requirements specification
- Ensure firmware meets regulatory and quality standards (e.g. IEC62304)
- Help design firmware for calibration and test fixtures that helps optimize the manufacturing process
You'd be great if you have:
- BS or higher in electrical engineering, computer science, or software engineering
- Experience with 32 bit ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers
- Strong digital signal processing skills
- Experience with I2C, UART, and SPI protocols
- Experience developing software under IEC 62304 design controls
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case for why you).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.