San Francisco /
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step on the Bodyport Cardiac Scale, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status. This enables early interventions that significantly improve patient outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As a Software Engineer II you’ll be responsible for the development and maintenance of the systems integral to Bodyport’s breakthrough cardiovascular monitoring technology. You will work closely with the software and product teams to ensure production systems are polished, reliable, and secure. You will conduct rigorous testing and documentation in order to meet our high standards of code quality and performance.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
San Francisco, CA pay range
$120,000 — $165,000
Your role at Bodyport:
- Design, implement, and deploy features across backend and frontend applications
- Develop foundational tools that will support developer operations, customers, and partners
- Lead the development of testing tools, ensuring that coverage is continuously advancing
- Participate in requirement scoping for new features and systems
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- BS / MS / PhD in computer science, biomedical, electrical, or any other related engineering field
- 2+ years of experience in a software development role
- A demonstrated history of shipping web applications to production environments
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.