Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco /
As Senior Software Engineer at Bodyport, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the software systems integral to Bodyport’s breakthrough cardiovascular monitoring technology. You will work closely with all aspects of the business - directly interfacing with data science, hardware, and firmware development teams to ensure the software systems are intuitive, secure, and reliable. You will help conduct rigorous testing and documentation of Bodyport’s software products and help ensure they meet our high standards of quality and performance.
Your role at Bodyport:
- Work on all parts of the stack, enabling new functionality and optimizing existing features for usability, security, and performance
- Build new features from start to finish throughout our stack, including requirements development, feature and architectural design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and support
- Develop tools and systems in support of our internal and external customers and partners
- Help shape the direction of software development processes, policies, and best practices for future engineers
- Responsible for ensuring systems and tools are rigorously tested, documented, and adhere to best practices for software development and security
You'd be a great fit if you have:
- Functional, real world programming experience
- Demonstrated experience with front end, back end, mobile, and/or infrastructure design, development, and testing
- Experience with web frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- Experience working with Linux environments
- Experience writing unit tests, automated functional tests, test plans, and test cases
- Experience working with Apache, NGINX, Docker, RabbitMQ and other off-the-shelf tools
- A track record of balancing speed to market with long-term code maintainability
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in HIPAA / FDA regulated environments
- Experience with Postgres database administration
- Experience with secure coding practices, penetration testing, and IT security
- Experience in platform/infrastructure design and development as it pertains to site reliability/speed
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues
- Familiarity with Aptible, Heroku, AWS, Azure, or other similar platform / service
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.