VP of Growth
Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re profitable, growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a three-sided platform for schools, donors, and students (or anyone with student debt). We’re growing quickly across all 3 audiences (for example, 1M+ users in 1.5 years), operate profitably, and reinvest everything back into big opportunities to fight student debt.
We’re looking for a VP of Growth to lead our Growth Team in driving scale, engagement, and retention across audiences and channels.
In this role, you will lead a team of paid media, SEO, social media, and lifecycle marketing experts, and will work directly with our co-founders, product, and sales to grow our platform, revenue, and impact.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, analytical ability, drive, leadership, and ownership.
- Own growth across all our channels and audiences, including setting and hitting growth goals.
- Lead a high-performing team to create and implement strategic marketing initiatives across paid media, SEO, lifecycle marketing, social media, partnerships, and more.
- Primarily focus on growing student acquisition at first, before expanding to school and donor growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of our student, donor, and school personas and funnels, including conducting user research.
- Brainstorm and execute on new growth opportunities with our founding team, ranging from SEO to Corp Dev / M&A.
- Manage growth analytics and insight tools to drive performance across all funnels.
- Test and iterate quickly across all channels to drive rapid growth.Work closely with product, sales, and operations.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to students, donors, and schools.
- Make market size our only growth constraint.
- 7+ years of hands-on growth experience. You have a track record of driving sustainable growth at early stage startups.
- 3+ years of growth leadership experience. You’ve led cross-functional growth teams with ownership across multiple channels.
- In-depth expertise in at least one of the following domains: paid media, SEO, affiliate, growth product, lifecycle marketing, social. Experience with enterprise or account-based marketing is a plus.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You are equally comfortable with things like doing your own keyword research and in training others to do it.
- SQL experience or the ability to learn quickly is a strong plus. The Bold.org platform is extremely data-rich. While we have a Data Science team, you will move faster and be more effective if you can build your own dashboards and conduct your own research.
- Experience with growth modeling, funnel optimization, AB/multivariate testing, growth product, and viral marketing.
- Resourceful. You love finding ways to operate quickly. You excel at finding rapid, lean ways to test exciting new ideas. You make complicated things simple. You get energy from seeing successful results.
- You thrive in a high-velocity, outcome-oriented environment where growth is in our company-wide DNA.
- Polished. You have great written/verbal communication skills and an extremely strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- An amazing leader. You earn trust quickly and easily, grow, align, and empower your teams, and drive results.
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
- This role is full time and will need to overlap with part of the US ET time zone.
- We are fully remote – you can work wherever you’re most productive.