QA Engineer Lead
Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re profitable, growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
The Bold.org platform serves hundreds of thousands of users and 500k+ monthly unique visitors, focused on our mission of fighting student debt. Your role will be increasing the functional reliability of the platform for those users.
Our API runs on Express, and we have a Gatsby/React-based front-end. We invest heavily into different kinds of tests and your tasks would primarily revolve around the automated UI testing using TestCafe framework. We already have a solid suite of tests and we are looking to expand it with additional ones as we develop new features.
Our product team is focused on speed, flexibility, and scalability through a lean and iterative approach. You’ll be expected to be a self-starter, make thoughtful decisions and release new features multiple times each week. We also have tight integration between all other roles, so you’d work with other engineers, designers, product managers and operations staff on a daily basis.
This role will be full-time and can be done from anywhere. To improve engineering coverage, working hours in US time zones are strongly preferred.
What You'll Do
- You will be assigned specific Quality Assurance tasks and fulfill them in a reasonable time-frame.
- You will work closely with the stakeholders on polishing out the requirements, acceptance criteria, and ensuring they are brought up to life with required quality.
- You will write automated test suites, covering UI testing, regression testing, smoke testing, integration testing, and similar.
- Help manually test different features when needed to increase reliability and feature time to market.
- Work with the team to give design feedback, assess development velocity, remove roadblocks, and more.
Who You Are
- Self starter. You see opportunities for improvement and take action on them.
- Engineer. You have a scientific approach to creating testing frameworks and putting them in practice depending on the project requirements.
- Experienced. You have worked on multiple software products and understand all the moving parts in the SDLC, especially the QA automation part.
- Tech enthusiast. You are always on top of what is going on in the tech space and how new principles and technologies could be leveraged in the projects you work on.
- Collaborative. You work effectively with the product team to solve the task at hand with the utmost empathy towards those involved in the task.
- Humble. You find it easy to check your ego at the door, and to take and give thoughtful feedback.
What You'll Bring
- 3-7 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Experience working on React based applications required.
- Start up experience highly desired.
- This role is full time and will need to overlap with US ET for part of the workday.
- We are fully remote – you can work wherever you’re most productive.