Controller / Senior Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA
Bolt is looking to make our first finance hire to own our financial and accounting systems and processes. You’ll be the financial scorekeeper to make sure that we’re compliant and tracking towards GAAP financial reporting. You’ll build out an accounting team, migrate Bolt’s books to an ERP accounting system, and oversee the accounting operations of Bolt’s international subsidiaries.
The best candidates will be able to automate much of the bookkeeping and traditional accounting work, and also analyze the company's finances through a strategic lens to provide substantial additional value as we grow our business many times over.
Backgrounds will be varied but should include prior accounting and finance work. Prior experience building out an accounting team in the payments space preferred.
- Build out in-house accounting team (transition from consultants)
- Be the financial scorekeeper. Ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financials according to GAAP
- Develop and maintain a system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiaries
- Oversee transition to new ERP accounting system
- Manage budget and track performance over time. Look for areas to improve business
- Conduct financial reporting, providing input for fundraising and investor relations
- Optimize cash management
- Build and manage internal audits
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Demonstrated excellence in the responsibilities
- Ability to work with and present to external parties
- A deep curiosity around making our business more efficient
- Ability to use your tools well: Excel, Google Sheets, Quickbooks (Intacct later), Expensify, Bill.com, Xero
- Strong financial modeling ability around go-to-market, risk, traditional operating metrics
Nice to have
- Prior experience with large Venture and Private Equity investors
- Deep roster of financial and accounting relationships for scaling an organization
- Prior experience with international accounting and compliance
- Prior experience in the payments industry
- Prior 1-N experience in a success high growth environment
- Ability to rapidly scale yourself
- Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.