Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
San Diego, CA /
We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer presence from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe leading the next generation of ecommerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
The Buying Experience (BX) team based out of San Francisco is responsible for systems that handle all necessary functions to buy products online. Checkout UI collects and verifies user and payment data, tokenization service stores credit card information securely, risk system provides risk analysis and payment backend supports all necessary financial operations across multiple payment gateways and alternative payment methods. Millions of dollars flow through these every day and we take stability, performance and perfection seriously.
We are looking for someone who is excited when facing big challenges, thrives when given autonomy to figure out solutions and loves diving deep into complex systems. If this describes you, get in touch with us!
- Work with a passionate, smart and ambitious team of engineers who built large scale systems at Uber, AirBnB, Facebook and Google (https://www.bolt.com/team).
- Take ownership, champion best practices, and help grow one of the strongest engineering teams in San Francisco.
- Design and build mission critical systems, products and solutions that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on.
- Contribute cross stack and learn wide variety of skills and technologies.
- Work with production systems and on-call process.
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture.
Technologies we use:
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
- Typescript / React
- Major Ecommerce platforms
- Are curious and passionate about technology
- Believe in our values
- Relevant industry experience
- Are excited about jumping into any area of technology
- Have strong communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement plans
- Commuter Benefits + Safe rides programs
- Gym and wellness subsidy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly team events
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Paid parental leave
- Awesome teammates!
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Check out our Engineering Blog!