Software Engineer - Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA
Play a mission-critical role in designing and building the risk engine that powers Bolt transactions. We’re looking for someone with the experience, creativity, and passion for producing world-class technology. Companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on what you build, and you’ll have a ton of trust and responsibility. If challenges excite you, and you’re ready for a large one, let us know.
- Build production fraud models; your models will be the engine that powers all online commerce through Bolt
- Conduct data analyses to determine which policies we adopt and help inform strategic growth
- Build machine learning infrastructure, data pipelines and production ready services to serve live traffic
- Work with the Bolt's Risk team to engineer new features for models or new product features that help improve conversion rates for businesses using Bolt and decrease fraud losses
- Passion to improve e-commerce businesses
- Strong communication skills in a cross-functional team
- Unrelenting focus on impact
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline
- Software Engineering background in a team-oriented software development environment
- 4+ years of machine learning experience
- Mastery of a scientific computing language (R or Python) and SQL; experience with data analysis and statistics
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Previous work experience in an early stage company; knowledge of how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment.
- Profound understanding of fraud detection, e-commerce payments, and the competitive ecosystem.
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.