Buying Team Operations Coordinator
Buying/Merchandising – Buying
WHAT WE DO
Bombfell is an online personal styling service for men and one of the fastest-growing startups in the country. In 2017, we were included in the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies (#218). We're building a powerful, entirely personalized retail experience that enables men to buy their clothing with confidence.
Featured in such prominent publications as the New York Times, TIME, Business Insider, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch and Vogue, Bombfell is backed by world-class investors with deep e-commerce experience.
HOW WE DO
We pride ourselves on blending best-in-class tech with expert styling and have attracted an extraordinarily well-rounded team of both technical and creative talent.
We've entered hyper-growth stage and are scaling our team to make a dent in the e-commerce universe.
We've got a close-knit culture that prioritizes results, self-motivation, a diversity of viewpoints and open communication. We treasure humility and foster camaraderie. We've got engineers, fashionistas, marketers and ops all under one roof in an open floor plan.
We eat lunch together every day, have team-building exercises and dismissively snipe about each other in our Game of Thrones fantasy league.
You will work closely with our Buying Team to support the buying and merchandising function in an administrative capacity. Your primary responsibility will be to support the entire Buying Team and to coordinate with external teams at top menswear brands. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the fashion industry and learn about the buying and merchandising process. This is an entry level role.
We're Looking For Someone Who:
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Loves sweating the details, being organized, process-oriented
- Leaves no rock unturned; asks questions and takes initiative
- Excel in a startup atmosphere where change is the norm
- Is a self-starter who can execute and follow-through autonomously with a strong sense of urgency
- Enjoys being a part of close-knit team
- Has a positive, can-do attitude and is passionate about the ever-changing, fast-paced world of retail and men’s fashion
- Is a quick learner who is tech savvy.
- Is flexible and curious, values feedback, and takes pride in her / his / their work
- Collaborate with both Buying and Merch teams on bulk and sample procurement processes, including: 1) Communicating with representatives at Bombfell brands to request, review, approve and track POs while maintaining fallout tolerance goals. 2) Collaborate with buying team to prioritize and track impact of sample changes to bulk shipments and ensure monthly launch targets are on track.
- Manage vendor onboarding and contact information maintenance.
- Organize and track non-bulk samples sent to Buying Team for consideration and fit evaluations.
- Maintain vendor paperwork library including linesheets, assortment sheets, and other materials
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and organization of purchase orders: ensuring accuracy of product qualities, quantities, pricing and ship windows.
- Responsible for pulling and maintaining the Data Library for all Buying reports assisting in ship/sales/hindsight business recaps, order composition, on-order, receipts and sales-to-stock reports.
- Bachelor's degree
- General understanding of retail math
- Working Excel knowledge
- Ability to work in our NYC office
- Availability Monday through Friday
- Experience in retail, showroom or e-commerce preferred
Health insurance, dental/vision plus disability insurance
Lunch provided every day
Monthly transportation subsidy provided by Bombfell
Quarterly clothing allowance, plus the ability to purchase clothes at wholesale pricing
Lots of free smiles from your co-workers