Business – Marketing
WHAT WE DO
Bombfell is an online personal styling service for men and one of the fastest-growing startups in the country. In 2017, we were included in the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies (#218). We're building a powerful, entirely personalized retail experience that enables men to buy their clothing with confidence.
Featured in such prominent publications as the New York Times, TIME, Business Insider, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch and Vogue, Bombfell is backed by world-class investors with deep e-commerce experience.
HOW WE DO
We pride ourselves on blending best-in-class tech with expert styling and have attracted an extraordinarily well-rounded team of both technical and creative talent.
We've entered hyper-growth stage and are scaling our team to make a dent in the e-commerce universe.
We've got a close-knit culture that prioritizes results, self-motivation, a diversity of viewpoints and open communication. We treasure humility and foster camaraderie. We've got engineers, fashionistas, marketers and ops all under one roof in an open floor plan.
We eat lunch together every day, have team-building exercises and dismissively snipe about each other in our Game of Thrones fantasy league.
You’re both right- and left-brained, and have proven experience executing growth strategies that combine marketing, data and product. You know how to drive data-informed growth in a B2C environment and can strategize, plan and implement cohesive integrated marketing programs.
You relish owning creative and brand strategy, but are no stranger to direct response marketing or the needs & challenges of a fast-growing business. You can pull the knobs and levers of digital marketing (paid social, SEM, email) and can develop strategy, media planning, and execution of offline campaigns across TV, radio, OOH, direct mail and more.
You love solving problems, are comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment and can thrive in an fast-changing startup culture. You know that no job is too small and regularly switch between high-level planning and tactical execution in your day-to-day. You have a high level of accountability and work with a “can-do”, goal-oriented attitude that delivers results in the face of obstacles.
We’re looking for a sharp, passionate and seasoned leader to join us. As Director of Marketing, you will own Bombfell’s marketing strategy to fuel the growth of our loyal and engaged client base, shape our brand and creative message and build and oversee a talented marketing team.
The Director of Marketing will drive strategy and execution to build brand awareness and messaging, plan and optimize marketing spend, run paid marketing channels and drive lifecycle marketing strategies. The role will oversee all efforts around segmenting, targeting, and communicating with customers, with an eye toward building awareness and driving cost-effective new customer acquisition. This role includes online and offline marketing and media buying, including influencer marketing, direct mail, radio/podcasts, paid social media and SEO/SEM.
This is an extremely entrepreneurial position in a flat and rapidly growing organization. We operate at the intersection of not just fashion and tech, but also online and offline and are constantly innovating to apply new marketing strategies. The ideal candidate is someone who is energized by the challenge of a dynamic, fast growing industry and obsessed with contributing unique and inspiring ideas. You’ll report directly to the CEO and will manage a tight-knit marketing team. We’re a small startup, so your contributions will make an immense difference.
- Branding & Awareness
- Own the branding, positioning and messaging strategy for Bombfell and develop a plan to leverage creative to deliver on business and marketing objectives
- Create marketing plans for key customer segments and deploy optimal messaging and creative throughout the customer journey
- Client Acquisition
- Plan and execute against the company’s goals for client growth. Develop an integrated marketing strategy to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets with an eye on cost
- Own marketing efforts across digital, offline, OOH and more
- Scale new & existing performance marketing channels while maintaining high, demonstrable ROI. Continually work to drive CAC down and CLTV up
- Oversee the integrity of our measurement and attribution software stack
- Work with product team to optimize landing screens and user flows to maximize conversion rates
- Client Retention
- Develop and communicate customer journeys and lifetime value by channel and segment
- Lead the creation and execution of ongoing client retention efforts and loyalty programs, and measure the quantitative and qualitative impact on client behavior
- Management & Planning
- Oversee day-to-day management of marketing team, from coordinators to future senior leaders on the team
- Prepare and present progress against goals and relevant marketing metrics to team, cross functional groups and management
- Work with our finance team to forecast and plan paid marketing expenses and results. Establish and maintain budget and resource allocations across all marketing channels and functions
- Work closely with product, merchandising and client services teams to better understand our clients’ needs, communicate them effectively and launch new features that matter
- Act as a key liaison between Marketing and other teams within the wider organization
- Stay up to date on marketing trends and test new strategies as appropriate
- 3-6 years of well-rounded marketing experience, with at least 1-2 years as part of a modern, high-functioning B2C team with ambitious growth goals
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities, who combines a strong understanding of storytelling and consumer empathy with a data-informed and analytical mindset
- Entrepreneurial/self-starter: you can build something out of nothing and possess the ability to try different things with minimal oversight
- Operational understanding of the marketing team’s contributions to the business P&L and sound fiscal judgment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to inspire and align others, whether in the boardroom or at team/all-hands meetings
- Perceptive analytical skills (fluent use of spreadsheets + BI software (RJMetrics, Looker etc); bonus points for SQL)
- Shared commitment to our core values of being Substantive, Openly Communicative, Accountable, having a positive Attitude and being Respectful.
Health Insurance, dental/vision plus disability insurance
Lunch provided every day
Commuter Benefits: $125 monthly allowance
Quarterly clothing allowance, plus the ability to purchase at wholesale pricing
Free snacks and board games
Company outings and wellness events
Lots of free smiles from your co-workers