New York, NY
About Bond Street
Bond Street is a startup focused on transforming small business lending through technology, data and design. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and yet today’s banking system has left them behind. We’re building a better future where access to financing is simple, transparent and fair.
About the Team
At Bond Street, top engineers from companies like Venmo, eBay, Kickstarter, and Hunch have joined up with finance experts from places like Citibank, Bloomberg, and D. E. Shaw to disrupt the way small businesses finance themselves. We are based in New York City and are backed by an extraordinary group of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and financial services executives.
About the Role
Are you an extraordinary product designer? If you're excited about the opportunity to reimagine the user experience for a next generation financial services business, you're perfect for this role. We believe that there is a tremendous opportunity to bring technology, data, and elegant product design to a market that has not historically benefited from it. As a core member of our product team, you will have the chance to shape the customer experience from pixel to print. You’ll help lay the foundations for the Bond Street brand and establish a design-oriented culture throughout the organization.
What You'll Do
- Own Bond Street product design, from pixel to print.
- Develop new features and user flows through customer research, wireframe design, and usability standards.
- Help craft the Bond Street brand and aesthetic.
- Drive user testing and take responsibility for user workflows and product specifications.
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to create beautiful products.
What We'd Like To See
- Strong portfolio of well-crafted user experiences.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in product design - with at least 2 years full-time at a product.
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to speak to design decisions.
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services.
- Firm grasp of typography and the ability to visually execute on product ideas.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism.
- Bonus/nice-to-haves: capacity to build design prototypes for user testing, management experience, experience working with revenue-based goals, and print and email design expertise.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.