New York, NY
About Bond Street
Bond Street is a startup focused on transforming small business lending through technology, data and design. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and yet today’s banking system has left them behind. We’re building a better future where access to financing is simple, transparent and fair.
About the Team
At Bond Street, top engineers from companies like Venmo, eBay, Kickstarter, and Hunch have joined up with finance experts from places like Citibank, Bloomberg, and D. E. Shaw to disrupt the way small businesses finance themselves. We are based in New York City and are backed by an extraordinary group of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and financial services executives.
About the Role
This is not a traditional bank underwriting role. We are building a revolutionary credit team that will work closely with our Product and Engineering functions to develop transformative underwriting processes and analytics. Your work will inform smarter, faster credit decisioning and superior portfolio management. You will be a driving force in helping Bond Street quickly scale to billions of dollars of booked loans with minimal losses and extraordinary returns.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product, engineering & data science functions in the ongoing design and build-out of Bond Street’s automated credit decisioning and analysis capabilities.
- Assist customers in the development and completion of their credit request - delighting them within a process that has previously been slow, complex and difficult for the busy small business owner.
- Holistically analyze the credit requests of small business applicants.
- Collaborate with Bond Street’s Chief Credit Officer, an industry authority with 30 years of credit experience.
- Actively monitor performance of existing credits within Bond Street credit policy & credit agreement requirements while helping us build the next generation of analytics to identify and act upon emerging risks and opportunities.
- Develop critical performance dashboards to analyze the mix of applicants and the performance of approved credits over time.
What We'd Like To See
- You have 2-4 years of experience
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, statistics, engineering or a related business discipline.
- Banking, accounting, or commercial financial analysis experience is a plus.
- Formal credit training is a decided bonus.
- Extraordinary customer engagement skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to read and assess both individual and company financial statements & tax returns – profitability, cash flow and debt service capacity analysis + projections.
- Ability to properly identify the key credit risks and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.