New York, NY
About Bond Street
Bond Street is a startup focused on transforming small business lending through technology, data and design. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and yet today’s banking system has left them behind. We’re building a better future where access to financing is simple, transparent and fair.
About the Team
At Bond Street, top engineers from companies like Venmo, eBay, Kickstarter, and Hunch have joined up with finance experts from places like Citibank, Bloomberg, and D. E. Shaw to disrupt the way small businesses finance themselves. We are based in New York City and are backed by an exceptional group of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and financial services executives.
About the Role
We’re looking for extraordinary full-stack engineers that are excited about the opportunity to build a next generation financial services business and tackle complex engineering problems while creating a compelling user experience. The engineering team sits at the core of the Bond Street marketplace and helps drive product innovation -- while also significantly contributing to credit / data synthesizing as well as marketing / business development. As a member of our engineering team, you will help usher in a better future where any small business owner can be approved for financing in seconds.
What You'll Do
- Create user interfaces that delight people in their intuitiveness and simplicity.
- Structure data and design algorithms and create models that allow for instant risk assessment.
- Create dashboards for internal and customer use that resurface small business data in ways that can inform credit use and growth.
- Use data to optimize our marketing efforts and customer acquisition channels.
What We'd Like To See
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Successful track record writing and deploying web applications (marketplaces a plus)
- Thorough understanding of database-backed services (Amazon RDS, MySQL, etc)
- You are an extraordinary communicator – written and verbal
- Passion for clean user experience and design
- Desire to help small businesses grow
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.