Director of Marketing
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a passionate Director of Marketing to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Our Director of Marketing will shape our narrative and position in the market. We’re looking for someone with a passion for animals, an energy for disruption, and a relentless focus on customer experience and community building.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee and drive the company’s customer acquisition efforts, ranging from paid media channels to organic channels.
- Build and implement our customer retention strategies, systems, and campaigns, including email.
- Drive our brand positioning and narrative consistently throughout the customer journey.
- Oversee content strategy for organic and paid channels, including blog and social media.
- Partner with our designer to develop on-brand assets and collateral for retail signage, email, and paid social.
- Oversee and bring in-clinic events to life.
- Develop strategic partnerships to increase brand awareness.
- Drive hyperlocal marketing efforts through direct mail and out-of-home advertising.
- Manage PR consultants to ensure we receive a steady stream of press.
- Build a team to support our business goals, and partner with our Recruiting team to source, evaluate, close, and then manage/motivate a multi-level team.
- Partner with the co-founders to drive the Bond Vet’s short- and long-term strategy.
- Partner closely with our CEO to set revenue goals and targets, track financial performance, and strategically manage the marketing budget.
- Team management experience.
- Significant experience managing paid and organic channels.
- Experience formulating a budget for a broad marketing function and scaling marketing operations.
- Experience launching new retail locations.
- A deep understanding of customer experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to influence, innovate, and drive change.
- Strong familiarity with relevant marketing tools, processes, systems, and solutions.
You’ll Fit In If:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don’t shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You communicate clearly.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.