Communication Center Manager
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up. We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
For us, it’s essential to be there for our pets and pet parents and to keep them happy. We have developed a customer success team to oversee all customer interactions at Bond and are looking for someone to lead the team as we grow. The Communication Call Center team consists of Veterinary Technicians and Care Coordinators who answer calls for each of our clinics, ensuring top notch customer service and improving client experience, whether someone is trying to book an appointment, pick up medicine or schedule a surgery.
As the Communication Center Manager, you will be responsible for establishing customer service policies and procedures, managing and training new hires and existing team members and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the communication team. The CCM will report directly to the Chief Product Officer/Cofounder and have the opportunity to create a real impact by managing client communication.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a growing team of 10+ people on a daily basis.
- Be the point of contact between customer success team and leadership.
- Develop customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty.
- Identify areas of our customer service to improve upon.
- Develop the process for how to handle customer recovery situations both in-clinic and call center.
- Measure daily Zendesk Analytics and look for ways to reduce wait time for clients.
- Support all issues amongst the team and Zendesk.
- Manage ongoing training sessions.
- Communicate with in-clinic team for issues and new initiatives.
- Create employee schedules.
- Oversee daily tasks of the team.
- Hold one on one feedback sessions and lead weekly team meetings.
- Create a positive team culture.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of customer service and management experience.
- Healthcare industry or startup experience preferred.
- Tech savvy. Knowledge of Zendesk a plus.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to manage remote team members.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.