Director of Technology
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a motivated Director of Technology to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
The Director of Technology will lead the current product and engineering team and build out the product and technology team to scale. We are building software ranging from our client iOS app, scalable data infrastructure, internal work-flow tools to our Telehealth Platform. This role will report into our Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and grow a team of engineers and product managers, providing career planning, coaching, and mentorship.
- Partner with Co-Founders and Senior Leadership to determine product roadmap & priorities.
- Work with the product managers and designers to design, build and launch new products.
- Support Operations and Medical teams with technology.
- Ensure scalability of our infrastructure and products.
- Work with IT function to support clinic teams.
- Lead data and security function.
- Lead our data infrastructure improvement and buildout.
- 7+ years of professional experience in engineering management or software product management at a high growth tech company.
- Experience building out engineering, product, and data teams.
- Must thrive in a start-up environment and be comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional business units.
- A track record of shipping software products that users love.
- Experience building robust technical data infrastructure (ETL, data warehouse, data dictionary, automated data test, data synchronization with 3rd party tools).
- Familiarity with our stack (MongoDB, BigQuery, Stitch, Looker, React, Node.js).
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, health insurance (100% covered), dental, and vision coverage, One Medical membership, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.