Schedule & Staffing Optimization Manager
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for an experienced manager to join our operations team to lead schedule and staffing optimization.
This is an opportunity to join a high-growth start-up and scale your career with the company. The ideal candidate is an experienced operator who has had execution exposure in a multi-unit services business, and is looking to further develop that skill set.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the upfront schedule creation for all our hospital teams across all locations - project managing timelines and approvals and aligning schedules to forecasted volumes and appointment patterns
- Make real-time schedule adjustments across hospitals to ensure appropriate labor allocation, including accommodating changes due to leave requests and call outs
- Own our temp labor program, including coordinating and communicating with relief veterinarians and technicians
- Identify performance opportunities through staffing optimization and drive unit economics.
- 3+ years experience of staffing experience, preferably in a services-oriented business such as healthcare or restaurants
- A demonstrated ability to create and manage complex schedules in real-time
- Effective communication skills; capable of navigating challenging messaging under tight timeline
- Knowledge of staffing software required
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in business or similar field
We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.