Remote Surgery Concierge (WFH)
New York, NY /
New York, NY - Clinical /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up and we’re looking for a personable Remote Surgery Concierge, a licensed veterinary technician, who will book surgeries for our clinics.
We are focused on building our surgery department so pet parents feel informed and pets receive the best care. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind- they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the Veterinary team, pet, and client experience. All of our clinics are equipped with state-of-the-art surgery theaters and dental suites. We use the most modern anesthesia protocols to ensure patient safety and have highly trained Veterinary nurse anesthetists.
The Surgery Concierge is assigned to multiple clinics to manage the surgery schedule as part of the remote operations team. Responsibilities include appropriate scheduling of surgeries, communication with pet parents before, during, and after to maintain a high-touch experience as well as to maintain a clear line of information exchange between the remote team and in-clinic teams.
This is a work from home position, Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm.
What You'll Do:
- Promote our surgeries as best-in-class offerings to our clients.
- Call clients who submit surgery inquiries.
- Book preoperative visits and surgeries on behalf of our clients.
- Provide detailed information in a friendly, approachable manner to clients about all aspects of surgeries.
- Answer client emails in a timely manner.
- Reassure clients that their pets are in good hands.
- Virtually meet with our vets regularly to align on processes and updates.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a licensed veterinary technician including experience in general practice or ER.
- You have 2+ years experience working in surgery and understand pre-operative, surgery/anesthesia, and post-operative care.
- You are comfortable discussing financing with clients.
- You are located in the NYC area for required travel to clinic once a month.
You'll fit in if:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You communicate clearly.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re empathetic.
- You’re considered a “people person.”
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our promise to you:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.