New York, NY
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a motivated Recruiter to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
The Recruiter will help us build a team of positive, collaborative, and communicative people. You must be driven to deliver, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and dedicated to helping the company grow. Additionally, you’ll care deeply about candidates, their experience (during recruitment and employment), as well as the whole Bond Vet team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the recruitment process and selection of candidates; specifically, reviewing applications and screening applicants.
- Source candidates through direct outreach, industry networking, job boards, and social media.
- Advise on process and routes to market, and implement thoughtful recruiting strategies.
- Consult with hiring managers and HR to fully grasp the skills required for each position to effectively match qualified candidates to business needs.
- Manage all communication with applicants, from offer letters to thank you notes.
- Hire and coach in-clinic team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of recruiting or HR experience across departments (sales, marketing, ops, technical, etc).
- 3+ years of hands-on recruiting (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to recruit mid- to senior-level roles and manage all parts of the full recruitment cycle.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting strategies, channels, and processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The proven ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and quickly make well-thought-out decisions.
You’ll Fit In If:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don’t shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You communicate clearly.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.