Medical Director - New Clinic Opening (Astoria)
Astoria, NY /
New York, NY - Clinical /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for experienced Veterinary Medical Director for our new clinic opening in Astoria, Queens.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Our Veterinary Medical Director will lead our clinic’s medical operations. You will ensure patients receive a high standard of care and clinic team members work collaboratively in a positive workplace environment. You should be client-oriented, an excellent communicator, and a natural mentor.
- A DVM/VMD degree with a NY State veterinary license.
- 3+ years experience in general medicine and surgery.
- Previous leadership experience.
- A passion for Bond Vet’s mission to provide a superior vet experience for both patients and employees.
- The ability to multi-task with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- A collaborative mindset.
- The desire to elevate others.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
- No phones ringing in the clinic. Yeah, you read that right. We have a highly-skilled remote team of nurses to tackle client needs, triage cases, and assist with day-to-day tasks.
- Direct communication with leadership and influence over policies. If you’re thoughtful, we’re listening — let’s build a better vet clinic together.
- Two 60-min breaks throughout the day for lunch, catching up on notes, and any necessary procedures.
- Great staffing ratios so you’re never stuck holding a cat while examining a dog while calculating a dosage while shouting “hello?” into an empty hallway.
- We have your back - we don’t tolerate poor behavior from clients.
Quality of Life:
- Flexible schedule - you’ll have 3 days off every week, so you can have “me” time without digging into PTO.
- Great PTO for when you need that too. (Bahamas, anyone?)
- Best-in-class compensation to elevate all areas of your life.
- No overnights - and no hospitalizations overnight. 10am-8pm, that’s it.
- Free TalkSpace subscription, employee assistance program, annual OneMedical subscription plus many more opportunities to speak directly with medical and mental health providers when you are in need.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.