Director of Medical Excellence
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is excited to bring on our Director of Medical Excellence. We're looking for a board certified specialist (preference for ECC, Internal Medicine, Surgery though all specialties will be considered), to help us as we continue to grow our medical expertise and skillset, and someone to act as a mentor to our doctors, professionally.
Medical Excellence in our organization means that we not only strive to offer best in class care to our patients, but that our doctors are well equipped and have appropriate resources and support to continue to drive their own skillset, ultimately cultivating the next generation of phenomenal DVM's.
As our Director of Medical Excellence, you will join our team as a thought partner, contributor on large scale decisions, and work on both strategic initiatives as well as in clinic environments to grow into this leadership role. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic, and passionate Doctor to spearhead the effort to promote medical excellence across the organization, alongside our Chief Medical Officer and medical leadership team. We are excited to continue to develop what it means to be a Doctor at Bond Vet and how we can promote an extremely high standard of care.
Bond Vet is on a mission to strengthen the human-animal bond through better pet care. We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our ground-up built clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience. We focus on team happiness, growth and development — because taking care of our people helps them take better care of the pets we see every day.
What You'll Do:
- Focus on Doctor growth within our organization, and enable new skills through hosting CE, and one on one direct training
- Concept and execute medical excellence initiatives such as: protocols, medical best practice development and standardization, team member professional development, externship program development, equipment and resource selection, medical mishap tracking
- Perform some clinical work in addition to executive team duties.
- Coach and mentor our team of urgent-care doctors.
- Focus on doctors at the individual level to provide resources that will work to uplift culture
- A DVM/VMD, board certification in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Surgery, though other specialties will be considered
- 4+ years in clinical practice
- A natural motivator for people at all levels.
- A strategic thinker and problem solver and excited about the big picture of pet health and changing the industry.
- Able to navigate an agile environment
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.