New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a motivated Procurement Manager to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
The Procurement Manager will help drive the build-out process of new clinic locations to support Bond Vet’s rapid growth. You must have strong project management skills ideally with experience managing third party vendors. This role will report into the Dir. of Capital Projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Vendor Selection and Process: Take the lead on identifying, communicating, and negotiating with local vendors in new markets. Lead negotiations with current and prospective vendors and issue RFPs for sourcing all categories of new clinic items. Be the point person for all vendors
- Ordering and Inventory: Take ownership of the ordering, delivery and inventory of all launch-critical clinic supplies, including medical equipment, furniture, and fixtures.
- Manage Vendor Relationships: Be the point person for all vendors. Take the lead on identifying, communicating, and negotiating with local vendors in new marketings
- Manage Vendor Installation: Coordinate and oversee vendor installation during construction
- Coordinate Payments: Create and implement a PO and invoice management system to ensure performance tracking sheet. Work with the Construction Project Manager to issue and meet payment deadlines to all contractors and vendors.
- Budget: Analyze historical spend and forecast spend by project.
- Construction Project Tracking: Track progress in partnership with the Construction Project Manager and create construction timelines of all ongoing and future projects.
- At least 5 years of related experience with an emphasis on project management
- Exceptional relationship building skills ideally with prior experience working with vendors
- The proven ability to take initiative with a strong attention to detail and a proactive approach
- Experience managing multiple projects at once in various stages of development
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We're knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We're building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, One Medical membership, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.