Architectural Design Associate
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a motivated Architectural Design Associate to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
The Architectural Design Associate will help develop and drive the build-out process of new clinic locations to support Bond Vet’s rapid growth. You must have strong project management skills, ideally with experience managing third party vendors. This role will report into the Director of Capital Projects, have direct exposure to senior leadership and founders, and there will be a great amount of collaboration with real estate, marketing, design and construction.
What You’ll Do:
- Design Standards: Lead the on-going development of our design standards. Take ownership of the consolidation and management of our design standards.
- Material Research and Specification: Research and select building materials that support our efforts to build the best spaces for our clients and our team members.
- Real Estate: Support Real Estate selection by surveying, test fitting sites under consideration and producing photorealistic images of future storefronts.
- Manage Vendor Relationships: Be the point person for vendors involved in executing within the design standards (including interior and exterior signage, millwork, FFE procurement, etc.). Coordinate and oversee vendor installation during construction.
- Signage Design: Coordinate with marketing on construction-specific marketing collateral (temporary construction signage, etc.) as well as permanent signage.
- Consultant coordination: Act as point person for the design phase, reviewing and approving consultant drawings from schematic through construction documents.
- Coordinate Payments: Work with the Construction Coordinator to issue and meet payment deadlines to all contractors and vendors.
- 5-8 years of design and construction document production experience with an emphasis on hospitality, healthcare and/or retail design; project management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of MEP systems and coordination amongst tradesExceptional relationship building skills ideally with prior experience working with vendors.
- The proven ability to take initiative with a strong attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- Highly organized, passionate, energetic, self-starter with great interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn about the business and evolve as a designer.
- Proficiency in Adobe suite, AutoCAD and/or Revit, Photoshop and rendering softwares.
- Portfolio link or sample attachment is required with your application.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, One Medical membership, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.