Veterinary Clinic Receptionist - Garden City
Garden City, NY /
Garden City, NY - Clinical /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a proactive Veterinary Clinic Receptionist to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Our Veterinary Clinic Receptionists (also known internally as Care Coordinators) provide an amazing experience to both clients and pets when they visit our clinics for care. You’re the first and last touchpoint for our patients, so you’ll use hospitality and tact to ensure our clients are welcomed, comfortable, and supported throughout their time at our locations.
This opportunity is for our Garden City, NY (Long Island) clinic.
What You’ll Do:
- Greet pet parents and their four-legged friends and ensure a smooth check in and check out experience
- Manage the schedule of daily appointments and walk-ins
- Make calls and communicate via email to other Vet Practices and clients as necessary
- Keep our common areas clean and well stocked
- Provide a high level of hospitality for our pet parents, answer questions and provide information and education as needed
- Previous experience in customer service, hospitality, or client facing receptionist positions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask with accuracy and efficiency
- A high comfort level typing and utilizing multiple computer systems
- Prior experience in veterinary practices or animal care is a plus
- Support for your physical and mental wellness: 100% covered health insurance, low cost dental & vision, free memberships to One Medical, KindBody, Teladoc and Talkspace
- Time for you and loved ones: great PTO, fully paid parental leave, discounted Bond Vet services for pets
- Dedication to your financial future: competitive pay, 401k match, commuter benefits
- A place to grow: culture that is centered in learning and development, career pathing, mentorships, empowerment and trust
We’re obsessed with pets: The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
We work as a team: We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
We communicate clearly: We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
We work happy: We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
We’re empowered: We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.