Veterinary Practice Manager
New York, NY
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a collaborative Veterinary Clinic Manager to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Our Veterinary Clinic Manager will lead our clinic team (veterinarians, technicians, and assistants), as well as oversee day-to-day clinic operations. You should be a reliable, proactive, and conscientious team player.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the clinic.
- Mentor, develop, and lead clinic team members to excel.
- Balance the needs of the clinical team with the goals of the organization.
- Collaborate with our operations team to scale operations and implement processes.
- Own customer relations.
- Lead weekly team meetings.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiency and then implement improvements.
- Ensure team members complete their daily checklists.
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members.
- Foster a sense of community within the team.
- 4+ years of experience managing professionals in complex organizations with a strong preference to those who have experience in veterinary management.
- Experience supervising front desk operations.
- Experience with compliance and safety policies.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- CVPM designation, a plus.
You’ll Fit In If:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don’t shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You communicate clearly.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.