Strategy and Operations Manager
New York, NY /
HQ Team /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up and we’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Bond Vet is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to develop and execute cross-functional projects on behalf of the executive team. This role will report to our Head of Operations, and will lead needle-moving initiatives across all clinic operations and new launches. Projects this role would be responsible for launching include: operating model improvements, pilot program across clinics, business case prioritization, GTM strategic plans, and product extension launches.
This role will have visibility at all levels of the organization, and is critical for positioning our team for rapid growth in the coming months. You’ll work regularly across all functional areas of Bond including marketing, tech, finance, product, construction, clinic operations, and medical teams. This is an opportunity to join a high-growth start-up at the ground floor, and scale your career with the company.
An example of an ideal candidate is an experienced consultant who is interested in flexing their muscles in a hands-on operating role before getting an MBA.
The role is based in New York, and will spend time in our corporate office and across clinics (puppy sightings guaranteed). Some travel will be required as we launch new markets in the coming year.
What You'll Do:
- Build - We are here to build a big company together, and fast! This means taking a hands-on approach
- Operate - Identify problems and develop the solutions that take us from A to B
- Strategize - Tackle a broad scope of initiatives to help shape the future of Bond; Develop recommendations on the best course of action and present business cases.
- Implement - Drive initiatives forward across all clinic locations under tight deadlines; Work with clinic teams and HQ to gain adoption on the best solutions
- Measure - Establish KPIs and analyze data to determine success. This includes spending time in the clinics spearheading roll-outs and observing behavior.
Who You Are:
- Problem solver - Enjoy fixing problems and can create order from chaos
- Self-starter - You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and have a bias towards action
- Adaptable - You’re capable of communicating with practitioners, front-desk staff, and executives alike; you tailor your message and are comfortable in any situation
- Motivator - The solution is only as good as the adoption; you’re able to motivate people at all levels to see the value in what you’re communicating
- Entrepreneurial - You are willing to roll up your sleeves to solve challenging problems
- Analytical - You back up all your recommendations with analysis
- 3+ years experience working for a major management consulting firm
- Experience at a high-growth startup is a plus but not required
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives; exceptional project management skills to meet deadlines and drive progress
- Experience leading projects end-to-end, getting cross functional alignment and meeting goals
- Strong quantitative skills including financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; direct experience running meetings and independent workstreams and presenting to executives
- Bachelor's degree from top university; strong academic record
You'll Fit In If:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don’t shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You communicate clearly.
- You learn from your mistakes
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.