Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician
New York, NY and Garden City, LI /
New York, NY - Clinical /
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience. That means no more note-taking or staying late to call owners. We store our medical records electronically, and we text with clients, because that’s what people want.
Of course, pet care is our #1 priority, but we know that a happy team provides better care. We’ve worked in vet practices for a long time, and we’re working immensely hard to create a fantastic workplace culture. It’s important to us that every team member feels appreciated and valued every day, and that they’re growing and developing. The only way our industry will continue to evolve and get better for the pets we all love is by ensuring the clinic is a wonderful place to learn and grow.
As our Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician, you will be involved in various dental cleaning and extraction procedures, working alongside our Veterinarians. You will be confident in your dental skillset, outgoing and comfortable speaking with our clients around the dental needs for their pet. You will also be comfortable and confident educating staff members based on your expertise to help elevate the team around you.
*This role will receive a $2,000 sign-on bonus, payable after 3 months at Bond Vet*
You'll Fit In If:
- You are an LVT with a VTS in dentistry.
- Clear understanding of anatomy and common pathology associated with dentistry.
- Capable of efficiently obtaining dental radiographs on canine and feline patients.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in dental procedures, including but not limited to; tool sharpening, common instruments used, compressor, scaler and drill care and maintenance, troubleshooting.
- Ability to clearly communicate at-home dental care, prevention and discharge instructions to clients.
- Proficient in scaling and polishing.
- Skilled and comfortable with anesthesia monitoring and maintenance.
- Familiar with charting and recording doctor findings in medical records.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best — we’re not afraid to roll around on the ground with a pup, and we love the kitten snuggles and puppy breath that comes at us each day. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond — we know pets are family.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to make the clinic cleaner and more effective, and our culture more collaborative and joyful. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on us all doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication, and we pride ourselves on our deep knowledge of animal health and commitment to better care.
- We work happy. We all bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the clinic and our relationships with clients. Our work is demanding and emotional, yet even in the darkest times, we bring positive energy and compassion.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and we approach care with a fresh perspective to do right by each pet. We take pride in the role we provide in pet care, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (16 week parental leave, team-based bonuses, catered meals, fantastic health/dental/vision coverage, free One Medical membership, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority. Our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.