Head of Operations
New York, NY
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for an experienced Head of Operations to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Our Head of Operations will coach, collaborate, and lead our clinic team (veterinarians, technicians, and assistants), as well as support them in identifying their best selves. You should be able to infuse our practices and in-clinic team with enthusiasm and a mission-driven culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the operations team (Operations Partners and Clinic Managers) to ensure that we are the best place to work for veterinarians, technicians, and veterinary assistants.
- Develop, enhance, and execute on an operational plan, which includes in-clinic processes, technology, and team development (in collaboration with our existing team).
- Lead the launch of several new facilities in NYC.
- Work closely with our medical team to understand the fundamentals of operating each clinic to influence growth strategy.
- Develop high standards for execution to meet all KPI’s & financial metrics while supporting your team in achieving daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals.
- Establish internal and external processes and KPI's for the business.
- Own P&L for each clinic.
- Develop scalable operational plans for our fast growth in NYC and across the country.
- Identify and hire best-in-class team members.
- Be a leader throughout the organization by mentoring and supporting team members throughout their Bond Vet careers.
- Underpin a strong pet health and client experience by creating a strong foundation for our clients and our team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or similar field.
- 10-15+ years of operations experience.
- Previous experience leading 5-15+ group of operations-focused team members with diverse skill sets.
- A demonstrated track record of leading team members at a services-oriented business, such as healthcare facility, store, or a restaurant.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Experience in fast-growing companies is a plus.
You’ll Fit In If:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don’t shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You communicate clearly.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.