Indianapolis, Indiana /
Indianapolis – BDU /
Do you have a creative mind? Would you enjoy working on a team where synergy is not a cliche'? Do you enjoy putting your heart and soul in your work and at the end feeling the pride and satisfaction of a job well done? If you say yes to all three of these questions we would love to invite you to apply to the Bone Dry University, the Human Development arm of Bone Dry Roofing which develops on-line and in class live training for technical, leadership development, and life skills for its valued employees. Trust me when I say there is never a dull moment and the people are exceptional! The Instructional Designer identifies the performance, skills, knowledge, information, and behavior gaps of a targeted audience and creates, selects, and delivers learning experiences to fill the gaps.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product.
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.).
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure training effectiveness
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Write detailed content outlines, course agendas, scripts, facilitator guides, participant guides, assessments and associated course materials.
- Deliver engaging training and facilitate live learning events
- Minimum five years of experience with professional development (sales, service, leadership)
- Lesson and curriculum planning and design skills.
- Proficient instructional design programming knowledge (e.g., Articulate Storyline)
- Proficient PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop skills.
- Ability to write effective and engaging training material, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
- Ability to design and develop courses for in-person or online environments
- Expert at teaching and training professional adults
Education and Experience
- Previous working experience in instructional design for four plus years.
- Previous experience conducting adult, professional learning
- Able to write or speak in Spanish is a plus
- Military service a plus
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, educational technology, writing and rhetoric, technical writing or similar relevant field.
Compensation and Benefits
- $48,000 to $60,000 annual salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with 3% automatic company contribution
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- PTO, vacation, holidays
- On-Site Gym - free access
Bone Dry Roofing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Associate or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, sex, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, citizenship status, service member status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.