Team Lead Software Engineering (f/m/x)
Berlin (DE) /
Client Facing Platform (IT) – Engineering (CFP) /
Full-time or part-time permanent
Bonial helps you save time, money and paper!
We are digital advertising partner for offline businesses - we support retailers in their marketing activities and help them find a new audience. Would you like to join and be a part of digitalization of retail?
As our new Team Lead in Sourcing & Normalization, you will be:
- Responsible for leading a team of talented engineers and working students.
- Creating a mid- & long-term strategy for the team.
- Working with a variety of technologies, including Java, Python and AWS.
- Collaborating closely with Product & Development teams on company initiatives by building easy to maintain and scalable solutions.
- Ensuring we build the right things: technical decisions are taken at the right time, with the right people and fit the global architecture.
- Ensuring we build things right: system availability and stability, quality of service, compliance and security.
- Coordinating projects, ensuring our quality standards.
- Responsible for the growth of team members.
- A coach and mentor for your team, holding frequent one-to-one meetings.
- Responsible for a safe and healthy team culture, leading to team performance and quality of life.
- Responsible for transparent communication and a culture of trust within the team.
- Managing Individual performance, expectations and continuous feedback.
- Looking for opportunities to improve and help the team reach the goals.
What you should bring with you:
- Experience in leading a team or ambition to lead a team.
- Proven experience as a software engineer.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in managing and mentoring engineers (including providing feedback and guidance in career growth).
- Agile mindset and experience with modern development practices.
- A constructive, helpful mindset, enjoying a functional engineer support role.
- A curious attitude and the desire to challenge and be challenged!
What we can offer you:
Diversity - proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we aim to enable everyone to show up as their full selves. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and to be a safe space regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender, gender identity or gender expression.
Development - strong support for your professional development with an internal Learning Hub and a feedback culture to help you identify your strengths and opportunities.
Wellbeing - we believe mental health is as important as being fit. That's why we're giving you free access to Nilo, a mental health app. And we can also offer you a corporate pension scheme so you don't have to worry about your retirement.
Sustainability - together with our Green team, we offer you the opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet.
Flexibility - we offer flexible hours, a hybrid setup where you need to be in the office 3 days per month (if you want more, you’re always welcome!), and have the option of working from abroad 30 working days per year (6 weeks). We offer 28 days of holiday, additionally, you get an extra day for each calendar year (up to 30 days) and other occasions (moving, working on a social project, etc).
Modern Office Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and a roof terrace for amazing social events.
Free lunch – whenever you’re at the office, we currently offer you different lunch options – and it’s all on us! Hot and cold drinks, fruit, and other snacks at the office are, of course, also free for our employees.
Social Culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events.
Visa Sponsorship: We provide visa sponsorship for those of you who are eager to join us from outside of Germany.
Talent, potential and motivation are crucial for us, more than fitting 100% the technical qualifications. If you feel your profile might be a right match but are not sure about it, please get in touch so we can talk about it!
You can check out our Bonial_people Instagram or read more about Bonial culture and tech on Medium.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" platform in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favourite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
More than 1500 retailers and brands across all sectors rely on our tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions to promote their offers and reach measurable business results with maximised return on investment.
Our more than 300 employees come from all over the world joining together to strengthen their skills and work towards creating innovative digital marketing products for clients and users. We believe in the power of each individual to own their impact and drive meaningful results every day. Our diverse and open culture is the secret sauce to our success and ensures we truly put people at the centre of everything we do. Our data-driven decision making empowers our mission and how we work.