Architect / Technical Expert (m/f/d)
Berlin (EN) /
Engineering – Software Development /
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" platform in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favorite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
More than 1500 retailers and brands across all sectors rely on our tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions to promote their offers and reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
Our more than 300 employees come from all over the world joining together to strengthen their skills and work towards creating innovative digital marketing products for clients and users. We believe in the power of each individual to own their impact and drive meaningful results every day. Our diverse and open culture is the secret sauce to our success and ensures we truly put people at the center of everything we do. Our data-driven decision making empowers our mission and how we work.
The architecture team is composed of the most seasoned technical people in our company. We are responsible for defining and clearly communicating the broad technical platform strategy and ultimately for the success of the resulting implementation. We are hands-on “servant leaders,” willing and able to do what it takes to deliver. With our analytical, technical and communication skills, under an agile umbrella and through deep understanding of the business, we help breach the gap between business people and technical teams, helping them design, implement and operate the right solutions for the business needs.
You will be defining and directly supporting the implementation of Bonial’s technology strategy at the enterprise and systems level. You’re a technically strong and experienced software engineer and also enjoy collaboration and mentoring.
In particular you will:
- Work with stakeholders, product and project managers, scrum masters, developers and operations teams to understand and maintain a high level picture of the current and upcoming requirements for the enterprise system landscape, the individual systems and their interactions;
- Create and communicate non-functional requirements for new features and systems;
- Evaluate design and technological alternatives and perform cost-benefit analysis;
- Develop and maintain the models and documentation that might be necessary to describe how the systems do what they are intended to do, including its domain-driven-design aspects, use case models and design justifications;
- Help maintain a high-level, holistic vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives;
- Help create a technological strategy that supports the business;
- Help define and execute architectural epics and initiatives that create architectural runway;
- Serve as a technical agile coach helping the development and operation teams make the appropriate system and component level design decisions during implementation;
- Serve as a centralized governing & coaching entity for architecturally-relevant decision-making;
- Explore new technologies and approaches and assess their applicability for Bonial;
- In some cases, directly lead project teams on technology-heavy, mission-critical initiatives.
You are passionate about technology and the people working on and with it. Furthermore:
- You studied Computer Science, engineering or a tech-related field and have multiple years of experience as Software developer and as a Software-, System-, or Enterprise Architect.
- You already failed! Yes, you made bad decisions in your career and developed a sense for good working practices (it’s a plus if you did that often).
- You possess good communication skills and a teamwork spirit combined with a getting-things-done attitude.
- You have excellent presentation skills and know how to express your ideas to technical and business people.
- You can balance high level thinking and nitty-gritty hand-ons problem solving.
- You have experience creating high-availability and high-traffic web and enterprise solutions based on Java technologies.
- You posses a broad range of technological and architectural expertise: standard and enterprise Java (J2SE & J2EE), Spring, domain-driven design, enterprise design patterns, UML, clean-code and code craftsmanship knowledge, and you are fluent describing and defending architectural design.
- You speak fluent English, German is not necessary.
- Best candidates have some knowledge on topics like infrastructure management, cloud deployment and operations, performance monitoring, data engineering and big data technologies, distributed computing and machine learning.
Keep in mind that this is just an ideal requirements’ list; we look for potential!
What we offer:
- International, multicultural, diverse and inclusive community with colleagues from over 40 different countries where you can grow personally and professionally
- Strong support for your professional development with both company sponsored activities and a dedicated budget you can decide on
- The opportunity to take charge and shape your own career with possibilities to move internally within the company
- A highly motivated and ambitious working environment in a cohesive, fast growing team
- The opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet
- A beautiful and modern office space with interior design handcrafted by our creative team: fully stocked Kids' Room for when your kita bails on you; Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and Roof terrace for amazing Friday events
- Strong social culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events in a lounge perfect for socializing
- English and German language courses in house
- Regular food and beverage service including drinks, coffee, fresh fruit, organic bread, or Monday breakfast
If you think you could fit the bill, we'd love to hear from you!