Senior Android Engineer (f/m/x)
Berlin (DE) /
User Facing Platform (IT) – Android /
Full-time or part-time permanent
Bonial helps you save time, money and paper!
We are digital advertising partners for offline businesses - we support retailers in their marketing activities and help them find a new audience. Would you like to join and be a part of digitalisation of retail?
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" partner in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favourite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt"in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
Bonial welcomes both full- and part-timers!
Our Android Team
Work in a small international team, closely together with the iOS, Backend and Product team. Our outstanding team spirit is driven by flat hierarchies, a high degree of self organisation and a high degree of technology freedom. If you have a strong motivation to create a state-of-the-art app and to deliver high quality code by using code reviews, test automation and clean app architecture, let’s talk.
As an Android Engineer in our Mobile development team you make significant contributions to the development of the Bonial Products in Germany and France for Android smartphones and tablets.
- Design and implement new features while considering the SOLID principles;
- Improve the code quality by writing unit, UI, and integration tests;
- Mentor and help junior developers to improve their engineering and analytical skills;
- Drive technical discussions within the team to ensure effective design and architectural decisions;
- Give a significant contribution to our Apps (KaufDA, MeinProspekt, and Bonial) and Business;
- Work in an agile environment while dealing with complexity and trying out new technologies;
- Have your own impact in a cross-functional set-up to help shape our products;
- Explore other state-of-the-art technologies like AWS, Firebase, Bitrise, SonarCloud & SauceLabs;
As an Android Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- At least 5 years of practical experience in Android Development with a focus on Kotlin;
- Experiences in Kotlin & Java (we use Kotlin)
- Bachelor or a master's degree in computer science or similar qualifications;
- First-hand experience with Kotlin coroutines and Jetpack Compose;
- Familiarity with web technologies and web services (such as HTTPS, JSON, REST);
- Strong analytical, modeling, and architectural skills;
- Experience working in distributed and cross-functional teams while applying modern software development practices such as continuous integration, code reviews, and pair programming;
- A team player attitude and always lending a hand and taking on new challenges;
- Interest or first-hand experience in mentoring junior developers;
- Fluent communication skills in English; German is NOT required!
- Experience working with big projects;
- Eager to challenge the status quo;
- Interest in current trends in the area of mobile software development;
- Interest or first-hand experience with other mobile technologies such as Swift and Flutter;
What we can offer you:
Diversity - proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we aim to enable everyone to show up as their full selves. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and to be a safe space regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender, gender identity or gender expression.
Development - strong support for your professional development with an internal Learning Hub and a feedback culture to help you identify your strengths and opportunities.
Wellbeing - we believe mental health is as important as being fit. That's why we're giving you free access to Nilo, a mental health app. And we can also offer you a corporate pension scheme so you don't have to worry about your retirement.
Sustainability - together with our Green team, we offer you the opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet.
Flexibility - we offer flexible hours, a hybrid setup where you need to be in the office 3 days per month (if you want more, you’re always welcome!), and have the option of working from abroad 30 working days per year (6 weeks). We offer 28 days of holiday, additionally, you get an extra day for each calendar year (up to 30 days) and other occasions (moving, working on a social project, etc).
Modern Office Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and a roof terrace for amazing social events.
Free lunch – whenever you’re at the office, we offer you different lunch options – and it’s all on us! Hot and cold drinks, fruit, and other snacks at the office are, of course, also free for our employees.
Social Culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events.
Visa Sponsorship: We provide visa sponsorship for those of you who are eager to join us from outside of Germany.
Talent, potential and motivation are crucial for us, more than fitting 100% the technical qualifications. If you feel your profile might be a right match but are not sure about it, please get in touch so we can talk about it!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" platform in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favourite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
More than 1500 retailers and brands across all sectors rely on our tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions to promote their offers and reach measurable business results with maximised return on investment.
Our more than 300 employees come from all over the world joining together to strengthen their skills and work towards creating innovative digital marketing products for clients and users. We believe in the power of each individual to own their impact and drive meaningful results every day. Our diverse and open culture is the secret sauce to our success and ensures we truly put people at the centre of everything we do. Our data-driven decision making empowers our mission and how we work.