Director of Management Information Systems (m/f/d)
Berlin (EN) /
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" platform in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favorite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
More than 1500 retailers and brands across all sectors rely on our tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions to promote their offers and reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
Our more than 300 employees come from all over the world joining together to strengthen their skills and work towards creating innovative digital marketing products for clients and users. We believe in the power of each individual to own their impact and drive meaningful results every day. Our diverse and open culture is the secret sauce to our success and ensures we truly put people at the center of everything we do. Our data-driven decision making empowers our mission and how we work.
In this role you will work within the Finance organization to establish and further develop a set of best-in-class systems, including the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) and Business Intelligence (“BI”) tools. You will work closely with the entire Finance organization, through the design, implementation and continuous improvement of these systems over time. You will also partner with various internal and external stakeholders and business partners, enabling the optimization of processes and the ability to streamline financial reporting and KPIs. Most critically, you will empower both strategic and tactical decision-making through the deployment of automated and enhanced business intelligence tools.
- Define and drive the company’s ERP and BI platform strategy and roadmap to enhance enterprise reporting and system capabilities
- Drive the implementation and continuous improvement of ERP and BI platforms, as well as additional Management Information Systems (“MIS”)-related tools
- Advise on and provide process and systematic improvements that support integration and interoperability of relevant systems
- Provide data assurance and data quality oversight and operational management of the MIS landscape
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to design, implement and continuously improve the company’s overall MIS environment
- Consult with various stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations within the MIS landscape
- Manage external partners and vendors to deliver best-in-class solutions across MIS Platforms
- Enable the automation of tracking and reporting on key business results
- Guide the approval, prioritization, and control of projects and the project portfolio related to the selection, development, and deployment of MIS-related tools
- Serve as the company’s MIS thought-leader. Act as advisor to internal customers at all levels by evaluating and identifying appropriate technology platforms to deliver on the organization’s objectives. Stay apprised of trends and issues within the MIS sector, including emerging technologies and applications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field
- 5+ years of experience implementing & maintaining MIS tools
- At least 1-2 successful ERP and BI tool implementations / migrations
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and driving organizational change
- Results oriented with strong time management and project management skills
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving, collaborative, critical-thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of cloud-based ERP and BI tools, such as NetSuite, MS Dynamics, QlikSense, Power BI, etc.
- Strong understanding of IFRS, financial accounting, internal controls, business processes, and controlling activities. Ideally, you have extensive and first-hand experience working directly with or in a Finance team
- Advanced communication skills English. German skills preferred.
- Results oriented and highly accurate working style, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
What we offer:
- International, multicultural, diverse and inclusive community with colleagues from over 40 different countries where you can grow personally and professionally
- Strong support for your professional development with both company sponsored activities and a dedicated budget you can decide on
- The opportunity to take charge and shape your own career with possibilities to move internally within the company
- A highly motivated and ambitious working environment in a cohesive, fast growing team
- The opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet
- A beautiful and modern office space with interior design handcrafted by our creative team: fully stocked Kids' Room for when your kita bails on you; Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and Roof terrace for amazing Friday events
- Strong social culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events in a lounge perfect for socializing
- English and German language courses in house
- Regular food and beverage service including drinks, coffee, fresh fruit, organic bread, or Monday breakfast
If you think you could fit the bill, we'd love to hear from you!