Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d)
Berlin (EN) /
Engineering – Software Development /
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" platform in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favorite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
More than 1500 retailers and brands across all sectors rely on our tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions to promote their offers and reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
Our more than 300 employees come from all over the world joining together to strengthen their skills and work towards creating innovative digital marketing products for clients and users. We believe in the power of each individual to own their impact and drive meaningful results every day. Our diverse and open culture is the secret sauce to our success and ensures we truly put people at the center of everything we do. Our data-driven decision making empowers our mission and how we work.
Are you a curious engineer? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you are constantly learning and growing? Do you love to dabble in new technologies and are continually searching for ways you can improve your code base, processes or skill set? Then we are just the team for you!
The BAR Team at Bonial is in charge of developing and maintaining our Content & Publishing platform, allowing our internal stakeholders to create high quality content and publish them on time. We are looking for a mid-level Full Stack Engineer to work with us on all the microservices and micro frontends that compose our platform.
Inspired to join us?
As a Full Stack Engineer in our team, you will be:
- Playing an active role in the development of high-traffic, real-time, delivering geo-located content to online applications and surrounding ecosystems;
- Working closely with internal clients from the Business Operation team; Designing cloud infrastructure in AWS;
- Creating web applications in React;
- Being an active driver of refactoring and scaling;
- Exploring technologies like Springboot, Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform;
- Building a system in the spirit of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
What you should bring (ideally):
- Around 2-3 years of production experience as a Software Engineer/Developer;
- Understanding of Docker, AWS or similar cloud infrastructures and interest in Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of OOP and design (preferably Java or Python) and Frontend (preferably with React) is a big plus;
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services and with Microservice architecture (preferably Spring Boot or Micronauts);
- You are a real team player, who takes ownership of everything you do;
- Independence, dedication and ability to deliver production ready and clean code;
- Fluency in English (German is not required).
Keep in mind that this is just an ideal requirements’ list; we look for potential
What we offer:
- International, multicultural, diverse and inclusive community with colleagues from over 40 different countries where you can grow personally and professionally
- Strong support for your professional development with both company sponsored activities and a dedicated budget you can decide on
- The opportunity to take charge and shape your own career with possibilities to move internally within the company
- A highly motivated and ambitious working environment in a cohesive, fast growing team
- The opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet
- A beautiful and modern office space with interior design handcrafted by our creative team: fully stocked Kids' Room for when your kita bails on you; Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and Roof terrace for amazing Friday events
- Strong social culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events in a lounge perfect for socializing
- English and German language courses in house
- Regular food and beverage service including drinks, coffee, fresh fruit, organic bread, or Monday breakfast
If you think you could fit the bill, we'd love to hear from you!