Senior Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d)
Berlin (EN) /
Engineering – Software Development /
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" platform in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favorite shops and brands via our platforms "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France.
More than 1500 retailers and brands across all sectors rely on our tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions to promote their offers and reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
Our more than 300 employees come from all over the world joining together to strengthen their skills and work towards creating innovative digital marketing products for clients and users. We believe in the power of each individual to own their impact and drive meaningful results every day. Our diverse and open culture is the secret sauce to our success and ensures we truly put people at the center of everything we do. Our data-driven decision making empowers our mission and how we work.
Are you a curious coder? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you are constantly learning and growing? Do you love to dabble in new technologies and are continually searching for ways you can improve your code base, processes or skill set?
Then we are just the team for you! The Planet Express Team at Bonial is in charge of developing and maintaining our Content & Publishing platform, allowing our internal stakeholders to create high quality content and publish them on time. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work with us on all the microservices and micro frontends that compose our platform.
As a senior Engineer in our team, you’re ensuring our components keep on talking to each other, which means in particular:
- Playing an active role in the development, maintenance and integration of our systems
- Being an active driver of refactoring and scaling
- Working closely with other team members, also mentoring the less experienced ones
- Working with technologies like Springboot, Docker, Kubernetes, Camunda, AWS, Terraform, Rest APIs, HTML5, CSS3, React, etc
- Building a system in the spirit of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
What you should bring (ideally):
- A passion for Backend and Frontend development, that goes without saying
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems and/or equivalent work experience
- Proficient experience with Springboot, JUnit, Maven, JPA, REST Apis, HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of Docker, AWS, Terraform, React, JS Bundlers and Typescript is a plus
- Background in working in an agile software development team
- Independence, dedication and ability to deliver production ready (and clean) code
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably - with a data driven mindset
- The spirit of a team member, discussing solutions and ideas in a positive and respectful way - we strive for knowledge share
- Interest to mentor and coach junior engineers
- Fluency in English (German is not required)
Keep in mind that this is just an ideal requirements’ list; we look for potential!
What we offer:
- International, multicultural, diverse and inclusive community with colleagues from over 40 different countries where you can grow personally and professionally
- Strong support for your professional development with both company sponsored activities and a dedicated budget you can decide on
- The opportunity to take charge and shape your own career with possibilities to move internally within the company
- A highly motivated and ambitious working environment in a cohesive, fast growing team
- The opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet
- A beautiful and modern office space with interior design handcrafted by our creative team: fully stocked Kids' Room for when your kita bails on you; Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and Roof terrace for amazing Friday events
- Strong social culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events in a lounge perfect for socializing
- English and German language courses in house
- Regular food and beverage service including drinks, coffee, fresh fruit, organic bread, or Monday breakfast
If you think you could fit the bill, we'd love to hear from you!