Senior Software Engineer - Backend (PHP/Laravel)
Engineering – Backend /
Who we are:
Fitness and wellness businesses make this world a healthier and happier place. Between yoga studios, gyms, boot camps, and boutique studios, there is something for everyone. But today, the technology which powers them — is broken. The existing suite of software is clunky, difficult to use, faces regular outages, and offers poor support.
We’re changing that.
Bookee is the most complete software for fitness & wellness businesses. We bring together scheduling, memberships, payments, marketing, payroll — everything on one platform and automate it. Our goal is to replace ten different tools they use today with one almighty.
So that they can focus on what they love — making people healthy and happy.
About the role:
At Bookee, engineering is more than just writing code. We are a highly analytical team that along with the drive to jump over technical barriers, also loved to build creative solutions for our customers. As our Senior Backend Engineer, you'll take the wheel in writing scalable APIs as well as the design, strategy, and quality of software development. You'll build and maintain a clean code base, collaborating with the frontend team in creating great experiences for our customers. The cherry on top: your efforts will contribute to helping fitness businesses across the world in managing and growing their business.
What you'll do
- Own design, strategy, and quality of software development for your team
- Translate objectives into iterative MVPs, evaluate, and then refactor into a scalable and extensible design
- Design & develop highly scalable, reliable, secure, and fault-tolerant systems and code base with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to learn and share best practices
- Research new technologies and tools to improve your own products and processes
- Exercise high ownership and initiative
What you'll need
- At least 1 year of experience working in a funded startup
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience; hands-on experience in designing and implementing low latency RESTful services, with knowledge of PHP and Laravel
- Proficiency in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns, and software best practices
- Experience in working on a SaaS product (preferred)
Our history and background
Our leadership team has worked at elite organizations and startups like JP Morgan, Shiprocket, and MagicPin; and is passionate about making physical and mental health more accessible.
We have raised over $3.2 million in venture capital from Antler; founder of FusionCharts (Pallav Nadhani); and leaders from companies like Meta, Gitlab, Freshworks & CleverTap.
Website - https://www.bookeeapp.com/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/bookeeapp/