Tech Lead (Django/Python)
Engineering – Backend /
Who we are:
Fitness and wellness businesses make this world a healthier and happier place. Between yoga studios, gyms, boot camps, and boutique studios, there is something for everyone. But today, the technology which powers them — is broken. The existing suite of software is clunky, difficult to use, faces regular outages, and offers poor support.
We’re changing that.
Bookee is the most complete software for fitness & wellness businesses. We bring together scheduling, memberships, payments, marketing, payroll — everything on one platform and automate it. Our goal is to replace ten different tools they use today with one almighty.
So that they can focus on what they love — making people healthy and happy.
What you’ll do
- Lead cross-functional technical teams in the design, product, development and delivery of quality software applications.
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide solutions to help them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience with majority of the experience in a funded startup, 2+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems and technical expertise in mobile and web technologies
- Experience with Python related technologies and frameworks like Django/Flask.
- Familiarity with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS/ DigitalOcean
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Tech Stack (preferred skills) - Python (Django and/or Flask), Elastic Search, MongoDB,DigitalOcean, Linux, Redis, Kafka
- Experience in working on a SaaS product (preferred)
Our history and background
Our leadership team has worked at elite organizations and startups like JP Morgan, Shiprocket, and MagicPin; and is passionate about making physical and mental health more accessible.
We have raised over $3.2 million in venture capital from Antler; founder of FusionCharts (Pallav Nadhani); and leaders from companies like Meta, Gitlab, Freshworks & CleverTap.
Website - https://www.bookeeapp.com/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/bookeeapp/