Junior Staff Accountant
BookNook is on a mission to reinvent how students are taught to read. Our app makes it easy for tutors to teach fun & effective reading lessons at any reading level so that every student becomes a great reader. The company’s SaaS curriculum and network of 100,000 tutors provides an evidence-based approach to High Impact Tutoring that is unparalleled in the industry. We are also currently expanding our mission to include math.
BookNook is a dual bottom line education technology company that is committed to closing the early reading opportunity gap through innovations that prioritize authentic human connections to support learning. We believe the best edtech solutions are developed and supported by people with their roots in the classroom or the social sector, and we strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Our company has been growing at an extremely rapid pace and we need a highly organized person to support the behind-the-scenes functions that make our company run smoothly. The Junior Staff Accountant is a cross-functional role that includes project work in Accounting and Operations. This position also works closely with school district partners to track and maintain vendor registrations and ensure contracts are executed with compliance. Additionally, this role manages a variety of programs and projects covering multiple activities, including but not limited to performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, and maintaining accounts payable documentation.
The Junior Staff Accountant works closely with the Finance and Operations teams at BookNook and reports to the Head of Finance and Operations.
At BookNook You Will:
- Assist Finance Team with creating and editing financial documents.
- Organize the bookkeeping processes of the company.
- Evaluate financial budgets and track expenses.
- Draft and report financial presentations.
- Reconcile financial books including incoming and outgoing funds.
- Work collaboratively with the finance and operations teams (Fin/Ops) on business processes.
- Manage and execute on vendor registrations to ensure BookNook is set up to do business with district partners.
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of common bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs.
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- An interest in working in a mission-driven company with a dual bottom line.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive salary: For this role, the range is $40-45K.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide weeks’ off.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Employee stock purchase program
- Retreat: Join us for our annual company get-together.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $100 monthly stipend for home expenses.
Join a company with a mission. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped tens of thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.