Senior Account Executive
BookNook is closing the early-learning gap for kids in grades K – 8 through pairing dedicated tutors with proven technology to teach the reading and math skills kids need to succeed. School districts across 35 states entrust BookNook tutors and technology with the job of supporting their students who need it most. By providing a learning platform based on 30+ years of research and outcomes and offering high-frequency tutoring, BookNook propels schools to achieve academic results that are unparalleled in the industry.
At this time we are not able to provide sponsorship.
About the Role
Currently, we are looking for several passionate, thoughtful, and results-oriented go-getters to join our Partnerships Team (Sales). The ideal individuals will be comfortable with technology, have a strong understanding of education, and experience partnering with school districts. Establishing successful and impactful partnerships in key regions is crucial to the success of our mission.
The Senior Account Executive will cultivate and manage relationships with mainly public school and district decision makers in their focused territory. You will be our field advocates building the brand and generating revenue. With that in mind, the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, educational advocates, and senior district administrators is vital.
At BookNook, you will:
- Generate revenue in your assigned territory with a variety of strategies
- Build, maintain, and forecast an accurate sales pipeline and log activities in CRM
- Set and run meetings with senior district officials in larger public school districts
- Contact existing relationships to generate interest in BookNook solutions
- Conduct product sales presentation in person and via webinars
- Provide expert knowledge of our product to prospects
- Identify local opportunities and initiatives, then work with Marketing to create a targeted campaign
- Showcase the product at local educational technology conferences
- Build a network of influencers and adopters who can create opportunities for future partnerships
- Utilize your skills and experience to further the development of your peers
What we’re looking for:
- Interested in working in a mission-based company with a dual bottom line, both being financially successful and also helping kids overcome educational obstacles
- 5+ years of experience building relationships with key decision makers at large districts and winning multi-million dollar contracts.
- Significant experience in a scaled B2B Service or SaaS sales operation
- Solid sales experience in EdTech
- Been part of a startup during rapid growth and have helped evolve a great sales team into a scaled, effective sales operationHave an understanding of the tutoring or curriculum space
- Thrive in an environment based on the principle of High Standards and High Fives
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: For this role, the starting range is $90K + commission.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide weeks’ off.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Retreat: Join us for our annual company get-together.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $130 monthly stipend for home expenses.
Join a company with a mission. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped tens of thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.