Senior Director, Customer Marketing
BookNook is closing the early-learning gap for kids in grades K – 8 through pairing dedicated tutors with proven technology to teach the reading and math skills kids need to succeed. School districts across 35 states entrust BookNook’s virtual tutors and learning platform with the job of supporting their students. BookNook’s platform and high-dosage tutoring are paving the way for kids nationwide to achieve significant academic gains and receive the rigorous education they deserve.
At this time we are not able to provide sponsorship.
About the Role
We're looking to bring on a customer marketing leader that can take our customer marketing strategy to the next level of scale and performance. The Senior Director of Customer Marketing will have mastered translating customer insights and feedback into action. They will drive our customer segmentation strategy and partner with our Customer Success team to drive retention and upsell and expansion revenue at scale.
The Senior Director of Customer Marketing reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a growing customer marketing team.
- Establish a strong understanding of the customer lifecycle and customer journey via segmentation.
- Develop a flexible global execution framework and playbook for different customer segments.
- Be the expert on what drives scalable and repeatable models of engagement at the organizations we serve and improve our engagement metrics.
- Lead our customer advocacy program efforts in partnership with key marketing and customer success stakeholders.
- Develop and launch customer success enablement initiatives, including collateral and other materials our customers can utilize to drive engagement.
- Partner with Customer Success leadership teams around the world, to define new marketing programs and initiatives that drive upsell and expansion.
What are we looking for?
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Previous Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management experience
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management platforms and marketing automation platforms
- Ability to write effective copy is a necessity; graphic design capabilities are a plus
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- Are interested in working in a mission-based company with a dual bottom line, both being financially successful and also helping kids overcome educational obstacles
- Have been part of a startup during rapid growth and have helped evolve a great sales team into a scaled, effective sales operation
- Thrive in an environment based on the principle of High Standards and High Fives
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: For this role, the starting range is $150K.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide weeks’ off.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Retreat: Join us for our annual company get-together.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $130 monthly stipend for home expenses.
Join a company with a mission. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped tens of thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.