Sales Development Representative
BookNook is on a mission to reinvent the where, how, and who of small group learning for elementary school students. We offer easy-to-use tools for educators and caring adults, that empower them to provide powerful in-person reading instruction that gets great results. BookNook is a web application that syncs up to five devices of any kind so that groups can work together in a coordinated set of rigorous reading exercises.
Once online, groups access a library of algorithmically-recommended custom texts woven together with a structured curriculum and engaging educational games. BookNook also offers a host of customizable reporting features to provide real-time, actionable information to users and educators.
At BookNook, we believe that the best programs are designed by people who have their roots in the classroom. Both our instructional strategy and our curriculum come from experienced educators who have seen firsthand what works best for students. We are currently looking for passionate and results-oriented go-getters to join our sales and partnerships team.
Your primary responsibility will be filling and managing a pipeline of leads to increase the number of schools or organizations that partner with BookNook. You’ll be generating leads without email marketing messages. You'll be working with principals, school districts, and organizational decision makers. You’ll help qualify leads through email and phone.
- Email marketing messages to generate leads
- Manage a pipeline of leads through a CRM (both inbound and outbound)
- Manage inbound leads and communicate with potential partners with consistent communication via email and phone calls
- Email and phone calls with school administrators and decision makers who are interested in bringing BookNook to their site
- Qualifying leads to help potential partners find out what product is right for them
- Help potential partners turn into BookNook customers
- Document all activity in CRM, and maintain an organized pipeline
- Work with other members of the BookNook sales team
- You are a fantastic communicator
- Friendly and comfortable on the phone
- Professional and clear at email
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow through on tasks
- Passionate about education and literacy
- Excited to work at growing start up
- 1-2 years of professional sales experience
- Edtech sales experience a bonus
- Experience working with schools a plus!
Join a company with a mission and a real business. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast and has already helped hundreds of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We'll be in over 100 schools in 2017-18 and over 500 in 2018-19 and we need you to help us get there. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a real tangible difference in the world every day.