Junior Product Designer
BookNook is on a mission to ensure every child has access to a world-class reading teacher. We offer easy-to-use tools for educators and caring adults, that empower them to provide powerful reading instruction that gets great results. At BookNook, we believe that the best programs are designed by people who have their roots in the classroom. Both our instructional strategy and our curriculum come from experienced educators who have seen firsthand what works best for students.
You’ll work closely with the Product Team to provide design for new features, as well as making iterative changes to our core Product. You’ll help brainstorm big ideas. You’ll turn small ideas into delightful games. You’ll design cute monsters. You’ll be inspired by a small team of mission-driven people who are doing hard work and making a difference in the lives of kids and their families. You’ll be able to see your impact.
- Collaborate with Head of Design on a wide variety of projects
- Help create smart, fun, and well-executed product experiences that delight teachers and students
- Gather user research and data to make informed design decisions
- Work closely with internal teams to understand their needs
- Handoff clean, finished designs to developers
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer
- 2+ years of professional design experience
- Enthusiasm for working in a team and co-solving challenges
- Good knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma or comparable tools
- Excitement around creating digital learning products
At BookNook we offer a competitive compensation package with equity, comprehensive benefits and a great work/life balance. We’re a fully remote team with a strong culture and our team is filled with folks drawn to BookNook so that they can make a real tangible improvement for students. BookNook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.