Senior Director, Market Demand Generation
BookNook is closing the early-learning gap for kids in grades K – 8 through pairing dedicated tutors with proven technology to teach the reading and math skills kids need to succeed. School districts across 35 states entrust BookNook’s virtual tutors and learning platform with the job of supporting their students. BookNook’s platform and high-dosage tutoring are paving the way for kids nationwide to achieve significant academic gains and receive the rigorous education they deserve.
At this time we are not able to provide sponsorship.
About the Role
As Senior Director, Market Demand Generation, you will own the development of the marketing playbook, design to generate awareness, drive brand identity, support sales campaigns, and grow customer acquisition through campaigns and tactical promotions. You will also monitor, measure, and report on campaign success, and will design a schedule and campaigns to support the entire customer journey to gain new customers and build repeat business.
The Senior Director, Market Demand Generation reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Plan and execute a marketing playbook, national and field, to support overarching organizational initiatives, portfolio and services aligned to an established budget and designed to support revenue goals.
- Develop and manage multi-channel campaigns including live and virtual events, digital campaigns and asset development to drive awareness and consideration and support the continuation of the customer journey.
- Responsible for the design and execution of a calendar of live and/or virtual events designed to engage customers, with oversight of logistics, internal communications, promotion, and reporting. Continual buildup of thought leaders to utilize at events along with support of session content.
- Continually design GTM plans to support product roadmap and service and support with keen eye on market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Ensure campaign implementation follows organizational processes and guidelines.
- Improve new campaigns using data and feedback from existing and previous projects.
- Run point on management and execution of sales led campaign support including project management and delivery.
- Manage spend across paid ads and social
- Oversee Field Marketing Manager, Director, Marketing Automation, and Operations and Events Manager.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in campaign marketing development producing high-quality content marketing assets.
- Experience managing a team or marketing professionals and cross collaborating across teams within the marketing organization.
- Strategic and analytical skills with proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies.
- Outstanding communication, writing, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Can establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develops and executes strategies, and track as well as measure the results.
- Growth mindset and constantly motivated to iterate and improve.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that requires one to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives.
- Thrive in an environment based on the principle of High Standards and High Fives
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: For this role, the starting range is $150K.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide weeks’ off.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Retreat: Join us for our annual company get-together.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $130 monthly stipend for home expenses.
Join a company with a mission. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped tens of thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.