BookNook is a dual bottom line education technology company that is committed to closing the early reading opportunity gap through innovations that prioritize authentic human connections to support learning. We believe the best edtech solutions are developed and supported by people with their roots in the classroom or the social sector, and we strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
BookNook is on a mission to reinvent how students are taught to read. Our app makes it easy for tutors to teach fun & effective reading lessons at any reading level so that every student becomes a great reader. The Product Manager (PM) will play a key role in executing our product vision for enhancing BookNook’s core product. The PM will lead product development for an independent cross-functional squad, and be responsible for defining strategy, their product roadmap, and key metrics. The right person will be able to collaborate with and act as a bridge between Product, Design, and Engineering while acting as a cross-functional liaison to the rest of the company, including our Partnerships and Impact teams. The PM will be responsible for end-to-end product and project management, including gathering product requirements, navigating cross-product dependencies, prioritizing feature implementations, and scoping release timelines, while always focusing on our users. The ideal PM is collaborative, creative, ambitious, and focused on execution.
At BookNook You Will
- Define the metrics, roadmap, and strategy for our core product
- Work with the Product Team, Impact Team, and our customers to identify product enhancements
- Conduct research to identify customer needs and to scope new features
- Collaborate with designers to make sure we’re building the right solution for the right problem, whether for a student, teacher, admin, or volunteer
- Work with engineers to define the scope of work to be done
- Lead Agile ceremonies for your squad
We're Looking For PMs Who
- Demonstrate ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple products
- Roll up their sleeves and get things done, and inspire the same work ethic in others
- Balance the needs of product team members with company goals and timelines
- Have a strong familiarity with project management software tools, agile methodology, and best practices
- Desire autonomy and exhibit a high degree of ownership and accountability
- Possess an analytical mindset: wherever possible, you look to resolve questions through data and measurementHave a passion for teaching and the BookNook mission. Many BookNook employees are former educators.
- Have 3+ years of project or product management or similar experience, ideally in an early-stage / SaaS startup. Bonus points if you have experience in the literacy / PreK-12 education space
BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done, but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.