Software Engineer - Front End
Centennial, Colorado /
Commercialization – Design /
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
At Boom Supersonic, our mission is to make the world dramatically more accessible through supersonic flight. We’re looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer specializing in front-end software and web development to help build a new era of high-speed travel. In this role, you will create exceptional user experiences for both web and digital applications. As an integral part of a small design group, you will work cross-functionally with technical and creative teams alike to design, build, and push the limits of digital experiences for current users and future travelers. The right candidate is highly motivated, obsessed with details, and excited by challenges. Strong software engineering skills, interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs are a must. The Software Engineer should be a fast learner and generalist comfortable wearing many hats. He or she has an exceptional eye for visual design and will be responsible for the look and feel of the user experience, architecture, and front-end graphics for our web and digital applications.
- Quickly build prototypes of web-based experiences
- Turn prototypes into maintainable, evergreen project
- Design, code and debug UI interfaces/ architectures
- Implement our design guidelines into reusable components and libraries
- Optimize our web applications for speed (supersonic can't have a slow web app)
- Build with attention to the details such as mobile-friendly, animations, usability and accessibility
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/validation, Designers, and Marketing
- Be a steward of consistency in code, usability, and design
- Build reusable components, templates, code and libraries
- Internalize the user and promote good usability and accessibility in every experience
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- 5 years of experience in front-end design and building web applications with technologies like React, Angular and Vue
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Knowledge of some SEO principles
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts
- Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code
- Extensive experience programming and dynamic web application languages
- Experience using common design patterns in the software industry
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- In depth knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform & cross-device compatibility standards and behaviors
- Experience building state-of-the-art user interfaces and/or acclaimed consumer facing applications and web experiences
- Able to work with back-end developers on API design
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Familiar with Photoshop, Sketch or similar design software
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.