Remote, USA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
What is BoomTown?
We are 600+ doers, makers, and trailblazers on a mission to make real estate agents successful. The software and solutions we build, and the services we provide, help top agents and brokerages (95,000 clients and counting!) generate leads, manage their marketing, close more deals, and run a better business. Our platform includes customizable websites, success management, a cutting-edge CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system with marketing automation, personalized advertising and lead generation services, and a mobile app as well as other products for Transaction Management, esignature, accounting and back office. We go much further than technology too. Dedicated teams offer lead qualification services and digital marketing, and our client success teams provide personalized support at every step: onboarding, training, coaching, and planning for strategic growth.
Boomers are a special breed, and we are built on a set of values that are at the core of everything we do. One of these is to Create Amazing Experiences, and that doesn’t just apply to our product. We’re dedicated to driving connections and improved quality of life for our employees, our clients and our communities. Our leadership team is on a crusade to foster flexibility, innovation, and ample opportunity for growth.
We offer so many ways to connect with other Boomers through shared interests and community outreach, and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, discretionary PTO, and a quarterly wellness reimbursement towards health and fitness to help keep you energized and inspired. Oh, and if you're local to Charleston, did we mention our Corporate HQ is also dog friendly!? If this sounds like the type of culture you’re looking for, we’d love to speak with you!
In this role, you’ll be part of a cross functional team that serves as a virtual center of data excellence for the company. As a Data Analyst you will be supporting Product Managers, Developers and Business Leaders to enable maximum utilization of BoomTown’s data resources across many domains within the company. You will be collaborating with Engineers, Data Scientists and other Analysts to deliver high impact, advanced analytics based solutions. Additionally, you’ll need to bring a multidimensional skill set and mindset to ensure that insights are happening for BoomTown stakeholders.
- Translate stakeholder requests into project plans with best time and resource to insight ratios
- Deliver high value insights to stakeholders across multiple domains
- Develop datasets and visualizations optimized for end users via Tableau
- Support and maintain data team assets like the Data Warehouse and Tableau Servers
- Promote and educate valuable analytical opportunities to stakeholders
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Data Science resources to develop advanced and scalable analytics solutions
- Manage data requests from stakeholders within the Data Team’s Agile development processes
- Take initiative on assigned day-to-day tasks and keep pace with the team to get the job done while knowing when to ask for help.
- Stays abreast of advancements, trends and future directions of the industry in the area of responsibility
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of work experience (preferably in a SaaS company) with domain knowledge in product analytics (e.g. feature tracking/usage, funnel analysis, setting success metrics) and event data
- Proficient in writing analytical SQL
- Working knowledge of at least one language used for analytical programming (Python, R or equivalent)
- A deep knowledge of at least one modern data visualization/reporting application (Tableau or equivalent) and viz best practices
- Ability to work creatively and work through problems with an analytical lens
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Ability to distill and translate business requests for analytics into Data Team projects
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to collaborate with Data Engineering and Data Science resources to develop analytics solutions
- Experience working with semi-structured data generated from web and mobile applications
- Knowledge of ETL and Data Pipeline frameworks
- Knowledge of dimensional data modeling techniques
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of web activity tracking tools like Google Analytics
- Ability to apply inferential statistics and probability to real world scenarios
- Experience with dbt (data build tool)
- Data quality automation via dbt, Great Expectations or equivalent frameworks
BoomTown Offers You:
Growth potential and ability to lead change
Company leadership that believes in flexibility, freedom, and innovation
Challenging, motivating, fun and dog-friendly work environment
Company culture that is guided by our core values that thrives on passion and innovation
BoomTown is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.