Mechanical Design Engineer - CAE
Boosted is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with CAE experience to simulate structural and thermal performance of critical subassemblies using analytical techniques and FEA andcreate rapid prototypes in our machine shop to quickly iterate on features
We make fun, fast, simple transportation for everyone, electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. It’s no secret that fun drives Boosted. It’s what makes us feel alive and keeps our wheels pushing forward.
Our team is human - thoughtful, approachable, hungry, reliable and accountable. We are passionate about tackling some of the biggest challenges in transportation.
- Simulate structural and thermal performance of critical subassemblies using analytical techniques and FEA
- Create rapid prototypes in our machine shop to quickly iterate on features
- Work with vendors to manufacture proof of concept prototypes
- Identify performance parameters and create technical specs to guide part and assembly design
- Own design of key technical components through the development phase and into production
- Strong engineering fundamentals including thermodynamics, dynamics, and mechanics
- Strong experience with FEA including thermal and mechanical modeling
- Strong knowledge of material properties
- Skilled at creating and testing analytical models of critical design features
- Skilled at creating technical specification documents
- Working knowledge of mass production manufacturing processes
- Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong hands-on prototyping skills - machine shop skills (CNC programming a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience outside of degree program
- Experience developing highly technical mechanical design projects through to production
- Familiarity with hardware development cycles
- Experience with electric powertrain and battery pack design a plus
- Experience with vehicle design a plus
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.