Embedded Firmware Engineering Intern - Winter 2018
Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We are filled with people passionate about robots and action sports. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
Fast, fun, simple electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. We make the world’s most advanced electric longboard. With six models to fit the most extreme action sports enthusiast to the casual commuter, the Boosted board is a powerful and reliable paradigm shift in transportation and recreation.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- Development of embedded firmware for all aspects of our products including motor control, user experience, wireless communication, bootloading and more
- Responsibility for the entire life-cycle of any implemented features: inception, implementation, testing and support
- Creating fun features for products such as different skill modes, user-customizable settings, easter eggs and unlockables
- Establishing APIs for products to allow users to connect the product to the internet for firmware upgrades and any cloud-enabled features you can dream up
- Self-management of your time, tasks and responsibilities to enable the team to launch a feature or product by a team-selected date
- Management of testing of new features, both extensive testing and quick "hallway" testing. (We refer to hallway testing as "skate break.")
- Prior embedded and mechatronic experience with the C program language is required
- Embedded responsibilities include: motor control, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN bus
- Python for data analysis and design (or a willingness to transfer from MATLAB)
- Experience with Git (or a willingness to transfer from a similar DVCS)
- Interest supporting a hardware product
- Written communication for documentation in source code and within our internal wiki
- Ability to effectively communicate at a technical level with the mechanical and electrical team members
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
- Team outings and ongoing events